Cydle knows that the iPhone is one multi-purpose and talented device, offering an app for nearly everything under the sun that you can think of (and then some), which is why they intend to expand the smartphone’s repertoire to include portable TV capability with the i30 case. The i30 case will come with an antenna that receives ATSC digital TV signals, letting you watch free, live TV on your iPhone as long as you are within range of an ATSC signal.
The i30 case will cover both the back and bottom of the iPhone, where it will be attached to the handset through its 30-pin dock connector. The case comes with an internal rechargeable battery which is capable of delivering up to 3 hours of TV viewing. The i30 will be accompanied by a car kit that includes a windshield mount and power adapter, letting you watch TV even when you’re in the car – of course, just make sure you aren’t the one behind the wheel at that time.
No idea on how much the Cydle i30 will cost you, but since it has already picked up FCC approval, a launch is imminent – so all you need to do is save up and you’re good to go.
- 2011-06-30: Mitsubishi's New Car Navigation System Lets You Record Or Watch Shows While Driving
- 2011-04-13: Hauppauge PCTV Broadway 2T streams TV to iOS-powered device and computers
- 2010-03-16: Diamond ATI TV Wonder 750
- 2010-06-03: Compro U680F DVB-T TV tuner is smallest in the world
- 2010-06-28: Sharp Introduces The World's Smallest Digital TV Tuner