According to some of Cnet’s sources who are supposedly close to Dell, the computer manufacturer will be releasing a sleek new laptop in the coming weeks. The laptop will be designed in the spirit of their discontinued Adamo brand – ultrathin, high performance laptops. The new laptop is rumored to pack a high-resolution 15.6″ screen, with the latest Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5 and Core i7 processors, and will be crafted from special materials (it wasn’t mentioned what these materials were). The tablets are also said to cost under $1,000.
The laptop will also be the first of many – apparently Dell has a whole lineup planned, with future models arriving in different sizes. If rumors turn out to be true, it sure seems like Dell is committed to breaking into the MacBook Air-dominated ultrathin laptop market. Let’s hope they fare better with the new computers than they did with the cancelled Adamo brand.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2013-03-12: New Dell Inspiron I15RV-1428BLK
- 2013-01-08: Dell updates Inspiron R laptops for 2013
- 2012-06-12: Dell Vostro 3360, 3460 and 3560
- 2012-06-05: Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R
- 2011-05-06: Ultrathin Dell XPS 15z spotted in the wild