Originally, the Dell Venue Pro proved to be one of the highly anticipated Windows Phone 7-powered devices out there, but somewhere along the way, things went awry as attention of the masses was shifted elsewhere. At the end of March, whispers on the street had it that Dell was working on a different firmware update for the smartphone, although no further details on fixes or roll-out dates were mentioned. Someone else out there, however, claims that the Dell Venue Pro firmware update will more or less be arriving this May 18th, at least according to an XDA Developers user has already who contacted Dell Support concerning some of the issues that he was experiencing with the device.
The smartphone arrived intact all right, but it was also “cursed” with first stock issues, a whole long bunch of delays as well as a handful of bugs – with the Wi-Fi bug being the most prominent – while the only working fix out there had a propensity of making you void your precious warranty.
What a position to place customers in, Dell, so hopefully the PC manufacturer will be able to tackle the situation quickly and make May 18th a reality where a firmware update is concerned.
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-10-07: Dell bids adieu to Windows Phone
- 2011-07-21: Dell Venue Pro firmware update delayed for T-Mobile customers
- 2011-07-21: Dell Venue Pro firmware update solves Wi-Fi issues
- 2011-06-27: Dell Venue Pro update to arrive next month
- 2011-03-30: Dell to release NoDo update for Venue Pro