It’s been a long time coming, and the update was released last Friday, right on schedule but it wasn’t to all devices. Then, folks over the weekend had the opportunity to manually download the update to run on their phones themselves. And now, it looks like the update is available for everybody else (who weren’t part of the initial roll-out or who didn’t want to bother updating their phones themselves). According to the folks at Droid-life, if you’re running stock Android 2.2 (Blur 2.3.340) on your Motorola Droid X, you can start pulling the update onto your phone over the air yourselves.
As usual, backup your files just in case anything happens – you can never be too safe. Just hit Menu > Settings > About Phone > System updates on your Droid X to start downloading the update and get ready for some Gingerbread goodness. Once you’ve gotten the update on your Droid X, let us know how it went and if there are any significant changes to your phone.
Next Story: EyeGuide: an eye tracking system for everyone
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-10-25 Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread
- 2011-08-25 Droid 2 Gingerbread update detailed
- 2011-08-15 HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread tomorrow?
- 2011-08-02 Motorola Droid X2 Gingerbread update now online
- 2011-03-24 Droid X rumored to receive Gingerbread this Sunday