Duke Nukem fans who can’t wait to get their hands on a piece of the action from the upcoming game in the series will be glad to know that Gearbox Software has got some good news for you guys. The company has announced that it will be releasing a demo of the upcoming game, Duke Nukem Forever, on June 3, 2011.
But unlike most companies that release game demos to anybody, there’s a catch if you’d like to play this demo. You’ll need to be a member of the Duke Nukem First Access Club. According to the First Access Club FAQ, to attain membership status, you’ll need to purchase Borderlands Game of the Year edition or pre-order Duke Nukem Forever. It is unmentioned whether they will be releasing the demo to people who didn’t pre-order the game but for now it does look like a gimmick to get people to buy it.
Then again, not many people would put money down for a game if they haven’t tried it yet, so we’re caught in a loop here. Duke Nukem will be available on all platforms (PC, Xbox 360, and PS3) and will be out in North America on June 14th. Anybody here with First Access Club membership?
Next Story: Acer Aspire One Happy 2 comes in new colors
- 2012-04-04: DEMO Spring 2012: New tech innovations take the stage
- 2011-10-17: Kinect Sports: Season Two demo now available
- 2011-09-20: Gearbox wants your help for the next Duke Nukem game
- 2011-08-30: GameSpot on-demand, instant-play game demos powered by OnLive
- 2011-08-30: Next Duke Nukem game to be better and revealed soon
- 2011-08-12: KinectFusion demonstrated on video
- 2011-08-08: DEMO - The solid choice for non-stop innovation
- 2011-06-22: Duke Nukem Forever demo now available to everyone
- 2011-05-10: Duke Nukem Forever might be coming to iOS devices
- 2011-05-05: Duke Nukem Forever "Shrinkage" trailer released