Everybody has an opinion and in the case of EA’s John Riccitiello thinks DICE’s Battlefield 3 is superior to Activision’s Call of Duty first-person shooter games. That’s certainly a bold statement considering how large a fan base Call of Duty has. We know that DICE is hungry for more powerful consoles but can they just push this game out the door and let fans decide for themselves before talking out of their butts?
According to Riccitiello, “We know we have a big competitor… But head-to-head with Call of Duty in Q3, we have the superior game engine, a superior development studio, and a flat out superior game. Our goal is to significantly gain share in the huge FPS category and to put the other team on defense.”
Having seen the game first-hand at PAX East 2011, I can say the game is definitely a looker, but I didn’t stick around to see how it plays. It takes more than a superior game engine to become one of the best selling games in the history of video games. Taking down Call of Duty is going to be no easy feat, but if EA can do it, I’ll applaud their efforts.
Battlefield 3 is expected to launch on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 later this year. What do you think? EA full of hot air or does BF3 actually stand a chance?
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2012-03-13: Battlefield 3 Close Quarters: Ziba Tower trailer released
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare pack now on PC and Xbox 360
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3 commercial created by FreddieW