As more and more people start using tablets (especially the iPad) in their daily lives, companies have realized this and are focusing their efforts on creating better ads to take advantage of this emerging platform. Cooliris is one of those companies.
They’ve just launched a new advert commissioned to promote a new series for The Weather Channel called “From the Edge”. The show focuses on award winning photographer Peter Lik as he travels across the country to capture the perfect photograph.
The advert on the other hand has a photograph of the Grand Canyon rendered in 3D. Viewers have the ability to tilt their devices or use gestures on the touchscreen to change perspectives and get a complete look of the whole Grand Canyon. It’s definitely not your typical run-of-the-mill ad.
Whether or not the ad will be successful into getting people to tune into The Weather Channel is one thing, but it’s good to see companies taking the time to come up with engaging adverts instead of the standard flashing banners that nobody wants to even look at. Hats off to Cooliris for trying.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2013-09-20 iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-09-05 Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-07-30 Android Tablets Command 67% Of Tablet Market, Beats Out The iPad
- 2011-06-08 CineXPlayer brings 3D movies to the iPad
- 2011-04-12 The iPad 2 is capable of glasses-free 3D