Things are looking gloomier than ever at Foxconn. It looks like if the stressful life of manufacturing Apple, Sony and HP products doesn’t cause you to commit suicide, it’s the explosions that will take your life. It has just been reported that an explosion that happened earlier this morning at one of the Foxconn factories in southwestern China has caused the death of two workers and left another sixteen injured.
The cause of the explosion isn’t known at this point in time, but it was said to have happened in building A5 – where iPad 2 tablets are being manufactured. There’s no word if this will cause any effect on the production of Apple’s tablets, but this couldn’t have come at a worse time – right after Apple’s recovery from their iPad 2 shortage woes.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to everybody affected by the explosion. We can only hope that such incidents won’t happen again in the future. Maybe this will be a wakeup call for Foxconn to improve the safety and working conditions of its employees.RELATED
- Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Follow: Apple Inc, foxconn, ipad 2, Tablet,
- Seen at: forbes