The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 might eventually end up as being the nearest competitor to the iPad 2 to date, and Best Buy’s has reserved a special page in their tablet section, which could only herald one thing – the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is very close to being available via the retailer. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is closest to the iPad 2 in terms of design, where it will boast a slightly larger display in 1,280 x 800 resolution. Tipping the scales at 1.25 pounds, featuring front as well as rear cameras.
There will be two capacities available – 16GB and 32GB, although you can expand that further with an SD memory card slot. It is highly suspected that Android 3.1 Honeycomb will ship with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as well, although the model given out at the Google I/O conference came with Android 3.0.
No idea on pricing at the moment, but competition in the tablet market is slowly and surely heating up. Interesting times are upon us. Which would you place your bets on – the iPad 2 from Apple or offerings from other manufacturers such as Samsung?
Next Story: Droid X Gingerbread update available now
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15: Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2014-03-05: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Arriving This March 9
- 2014-02-11: Galaxy Tab 4 Specifications Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite Announced Officially
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."
- 2011-09-28: iLuv announces a whole range of Samsung Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S2 accessories
- 2011-09-12: Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets FCC approval for T-Mobile
- 2011-08-09: Galaxy Tab 10.1 cannot be sold in Germany and most of the EU
- 2011-08-03: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 delayed in Australia