Are you an owner (not necessarily a proud one, sorry, I couldn’t resist that jab) of the original Samsung Galaxy Tab? Here is a piece of good news now, as Samsung has announced that they will be introducing the Android 2.3.3 update (in other words, Gingerbread) for their maiden attempt at the tablet market. Originally reported at Androidiani and confirmed by users from XDA-Developers, Samsung Galaxy Tab owners residing in Italy are able to update their Galaxy Tab over KIES to Android 2.3.3 right now. Additional details concerning the update is available in the extended post.
For the curious, here are some of the nitty gritty concerning this Gingerbread update.
- The firmware version of KIES is : P1000XXJPZ.
- This ROM is running Android 2.3.3
- Firmware Version: 2.3.3
- Versione banda base : P1000XXJPZ Base-band version: P1000XXJPZ
- Versione Kernel : 22.214.171.124 – se-infra@SEP-52 #2
- Kernel Version: 126.96.36.199 – if infra-SEP-52 @ # 2
- Numero build : GINGERBREAD.XXJQ1
- Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXJQ1
The firmware is ready to rock and roll among the masses, and if you are interested, you can always turn on the Wi-Fi connection on your Galaxy Tab and give it a go.
Next Story: VIA QuadCore processor announced
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15: Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2014-03-05: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Arriving This March 9
- 2014-02-11: Galaxy Tab 4 Specifications Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite Announced Officially
- 2011-11-14: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE + Free Galaxy S2 Bundle
- 2011-09-12: Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets FCC approval for T-Mobile
- 2011-08-29: Samsung LTE Galaxy S II, Tab 8.9 is made official
- 2011-08-10: Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 rolls out in India
- 2011-07-05: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread update