Garmin has just announced the launch of the Montana GPS device. It features a rugged design with multiple mounting and battery options, dual-orientation and screen layout options to support a wide range of Garmin maps. It even has a barometric altimeter for elevation profiling and the ability to profile the route ahead using the included worldwide elevation model. It packs a 4″ touchscreen display, a 3-axis compass and even a 5 megapixel rear camera for snapping photographs.
Talk about being loaded with features! The Garmin Montana can function as your car’s navigation device to keep you on course, from the city to your campsite. When you’re going out for a hike, you can bring this rugged device along to make sure you don’t get lost. With its fully waterproof design, and tough build – the Montana is one GPS device that you can bring anywhere you want to go. It even has City Navigator for spoken, turn by turn driving directions that you can listen to on your headphones just in case the surroundings are too noisy or you just don’t want to alert the wild.
Preloaded with tons of maps and ready to use out of the box, the Garmin Montana has a battery life of up to 16 hours with a regular lithium ion battery pack. However, if you’re out in the wild without a way to charge the battery, three AA batteries can power the GPS unit for 22 hours.
The Garmin Montana is available for pre-order now, and will ship sometime in Q2 2011. Prices begin from $549.99 depending on the variant selected.
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-09-16: Garmin Forerunner 620 And 220 GPS Watches Announced
- 2013-06-24: Garmin Announces Monterra Android-Powered Handheld GPS
- 2013-01-07: Garmin Oregon shoots photographs and keeps you on the path
- 2013-01-07: Garmin 2013 Nuvi Range Announced
- 2013-01-07: Garmin Edge 810/510 Caters To Cyclists