It looks like Vodafone really is working hard to get its brand out there. Earlier this month, we reported that they would be equipping over 500 taxis with mobile phone chargers for people always on the go and need their devices to stay juiced. Now they’ve just announced another mobile charger. This time it’s no cab, but big red truck. A really big red truck.
Called the Vodafone VIP recharging truck, it has the capacity to charge 2,000 mobile handsets simultaneously. No specs were released about how much electricity this beast can generate at once, but it will be showing up at 11 festivals this year and is expected to charge over 72,000 mobile devices this summer alone. The truck will be full of chargers for different devices – iPhones, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia phones; and will be available for Vodafone customers to use free of charge.
It’s going to be one hell of a job keeping track of 2,000 devices and making sure every owner gets their own phones back. Head over to the Vodafone website for more details about which events the trucks will be at.
- 2014-04-08: SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-04-07: StoreDot Intends To Charge Your Handset In Half A Minute
- 2014-03-31: Knock-Off iPhone Charger Explodes, Victim Ends Up With Electrical Burns
- 2014-03-18: Vodafone UK To Sell Gold Galaxy S5 Exclusively
- 2014-03-12: Vodafone Germany Begins To Introduce SIM Card Based Encryption
- 2014-02-25: Vodafone Instant Network Mini Delivers Mobile Networks When Disaster Strikes
- 2014-01-27: AT&T Announces They Have No Intention Of Bidding On Vodafone
- 2013-06-19: Vodafone's Power Shorts Uses Kinetic Energy To Charge Your Smartphone