Earlier today we wrote about the Droid X receiving the Gingerbread update real soon, well it turns out that the real soon is just a couple of days away. According to an official Verizon announcement, the Droid X Gingerbread update will be released on May 27 – the same day as the Droid X2 (which unfortunately launches with Android 2.2 Froyo).
Here’s what Albert Aydin of Verizon had to say:
Verizon Wireless will begin pushing Android 2.3, Gingerbread, to the DROID X by Motorola on Friday. Enhancements include a download manager app, a refreshed user interface, app grouping and more. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/droidxsupport for more information about the update.
The Gingerbread update will bring the following features and enhancements to the Droid X:
- Download Manager App
- Better App and Power Management
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality
- New User Interface and Color Scheme
- Dock Icons
- App Groups
- Emergent Groups and Smart Contacts
- Geo-Tagging for Camera applications
- and much more
Anybody excited yet? Get ready to receive the notification that tells you to update your Droid X this Friday.
- 2013-06-03: Jelly Bean Figures Catch Up With Gingerbread
- 2012-02-01: Samsung Infuse 4G finally receives Gingerbread
- 2012-01-10: Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-12-29: Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 gets Gingerbread
- 2011-12-12: More photos of Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc HD (Nozomi) surface
- 2011-06-02: Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update bricks some phones
- 2011-05-31: Droid X Gingerbread update available now
- 2011-05-25: Droid X Gingerbread release details leaked
- 2011-05-11: Droid X Gingerbread update arriving soon?
- 2011-03-24: Droid X rumored to receive Gingerbread this Sunday