At the Google I/O event, Google gave the attendees a sneak peak of the next version of Google TV and boy does it look good. Based on Honeycomb, the new Google TV will support a lot of new features not present in the current version: a brand new user interface, widgets, notifications and of course – the Android Market where users can download new apps or rent movies and purchase music. Developers will also have access to the Google TV emulator, a new SDK and the ability to test their apps on Google TV devices. With the new version of Honeycomb enabling USB support and hardware 3D acceleration, it looks like Google TV might even be prepped to run games in the future.
The new Google TV should be arriving late this summer. Hopefully the new features in addition to the content from the Android Market will give the set top box the boost it needs to bounce back onto its feet. Stay tuned for more details.
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Follow: Android, android 3.1, Google, google io, google tv, honeycomb, summer, update,
- Seen at: androidandme