HDTVs are getting larger and slimmer by the day, but in terms of design, nobody is really doing anything to make them stand out. You can only make a TV so thin, or chop off so much bezel until you’re left with the same looking TV. Well, the folks over at Hannspree seemed to have realized that and have decided to launch a TV that stands out from the crowd: The Hannspree Basketball television.
Available in both 55″ and 28″ sizes, the high-end LCD TV is framed by a well-crafted basketball-shaped frame. While it definitely isn’t conventional, the basketball frame around the TV gives it a nice touch of personality that makes the TV stand out from other HDTVs out there. It is 1080p HD capable, so it is perfect for watching basketball on ESPN HD or playing NBA on the PS3. The 55″ model packs four HDMI ports, while the smaller 28″ has only two HDMI ports. Both TVs have standard VESA mounts for easy placement on existing TV brackets.
The Hannspree Basketball TV is available now, with the 28″ featuring an MSRP of $499 and the 55″ MSRP – $9,999; though we’ve spotted the 28″ model going for $299.99 on Amazon.
- 2014-04-09 Interactive TV Bus Is World’s First
- 2014-03-20 8K TV Broadcast Testing In Japan To Begin By 2016
- 2014-03-10 LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2014-03-04 Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- 2014-01-23 NHK In Japan Tests 8K Video Broadcast
- 2010-01-05 Hannspree Polar Bear and Apple HDTVs