We know you want more Snake and upcoming Metal Gear Solid games, but it looks like there won’t be much talk about it at E3 this year. In the latest Kojima Productions podcast, Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear Solid franchise answered questions with a simple “yes” or “no” with regard to the series.
This is what we know: 1) He will not be at Microsoft’s E3 press conference. Kojima was there last year, perhaps he’s attending it with Sony or Nintendo? 2) No announcement for Metal Gear Solid 5. 3) Metal Gear Solid 3DS will arrive this year. 4) No Metal Gear Solid Rising multiplayer will not be shown and it will not be released on November 1. 5) The NGP version of MGS will not be a port of Metal Gear Solid 4.
Kojima also let it slip that he’s planning something special to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise next year. I’m going to take a wild guess here and say we’ll probably see some MGS-badged consoles and bundle packages. That’s always something sweet to get fans psyched.
It’s pretty incredible that after 25 years, the man is still not sick of making MGS games and continues to help churn out fresh ideas. And they say Japanese developers and designers are losing relevance in the games industry – not really.
- 2014-04-16: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-15: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes
- 2014-03-18: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Now Available
- 2013-06-27: Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection Gets Official Trailer
- 2011-06-01: Metal Gear Solid 3DS will have gyro controls
- 2011-05-12: Konami hard at work on NGP titles
- 2011-05-09: Metal Gear Solid 3DS not arriving until November
- 2009-05-27: Metal Gear 'Next' Coming to E3 - Viral Teasers & Official site