HTC’s dedicated Facebook phones, the HTC ChaCha (or ChaChaCha in Spain) and the HTC Salsa have finally got a release date. According to the Amazon UK store, the two phones will be delivered at the end of next month, June 26th. The HTC ChaCha recently went up for pre-order at £250 ($409) while the Salsa is priced at £320 ($524). A bit pricey, but bear in mind that the prices are for unlocked, unsubsidized devices.
The HTC ChaCha is an Android handset that features a QWERTY keyboard and a tilt design for folks who to go message crazy on, be it for chatting, texting or updating Facebook statuses. It has a 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, a VGA front facing camera and a 2.6″ (480 x 320). The Salsa on the other hand is a full touchscreen device, with a 3.4″ (480 x 320) display instead of a QWERTY keyboard. The rest of its specs are similar to the ChaCha, with both phones running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with a Facebook-centric UI and a dedicated Facebook button for context-aware Facebook features.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-04-12: HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2013-04-04: HTC First Running Facebook Home Demo [HD video]
- 2013-03-22: HTC Myst Passes Through FCC With AT&T-compatible LTE
- 2011-06-20: HTC ChaCha spotted with AT&T logo
- 2011-03-02: HTC ChaCha renamed to ChaChaCha in Spain