Oh, what kind of mysteries abound over at the FCC? Well, apart from newer devices that are about to hit the market (and hence need the help of our friends there to be federally approved for our safety and consumption), we now have word of an inductive-charging backplate that was specially manufactured for the HTC Thunderbolt. As you can tell from our review, the HTC Thunderbolt’s battery life just isn’t up to par for a modern smartphone, carrying what some call to be the curse of 4G/LTE due to its high power consumption. Nice to know that there is a new backplate that helps make it more convenient for your battery-sapping device to last longer whenever you are up and about away from your home.
Just to get a better idea on how it works, when snapped to your HTC Thunderbolt, you can just let the smartphone rest on a charging mat, but unfortunately while HTC Thunderbolt owners were looking forward to this peripheral that was rumored to be out last month, April came by and passed without nary a word from Verizon Wireless.
Briefly making at appearance at Verizon Wireless’s online shop for $39 a pop, it was pulled down shortly after that, and we are still holding out for an official word.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-10-26: HTC Thunderbolt finally gets working Gingerbread update
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-07-11: HTC ThunderBolt teardown might show the way to LTE iPhone rumor
- 2011-07-04: Verizon promotion sees cheaper iPhone 4, HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-06-26: Gingerbread coming soon for HTC Thunderbolt