The great thing about smartphones is that they can be used for pretty much anything. We’ve seen it from making phone calls, to being used in surgery – the possibilities are endless. Velocomp has decided to give you one more reason to bring your iPhone along with you on your cycling trips. Besides the obvious use of the iPhone as a music player, the iPhone (or iPod Touch) can be turned into a device that helps you ride smarter by keeping track of your cycling achievements.
The iBike Dash CC comes with a “Smart Phone Booth” – a protective case with advanced electronics, a wireless bicycle sensor that keeps your iPhone safe and secure on your bike while you’re riding it. The iPhone makes use of the free iBike app (available from the App Store) to record all your journeys so you can see if you’ve been improving. It also lets you know how to pace yourself so you have enough energy to keep on going.
If you’ve been looking for a way to improve your cycling, it sounds like you can’t go wrong with iBike Dash CC. Its comprehensive list of features is designed to help you master cycling. It’s easy to install, there’s no need for calibration, and it even gives you advice on how you can get better. The iBike Dash CC is available now for $199. For those of you who just want the bike mount without any of the fancy sensors to record how you’ve been doing, you can purchase the iBike Phone Booth bicycle mount for just $49.95. Get the iBike Dash CC from your local Apple retailer or from an online store.
iBike Dash CC Features:
- Includes ANT+ speed sensor with optional sensors for cadence and HR.
- User customizable touch screens display cycling information in color with unique graphics and animation.
- Easy-to-read large fonts with back-lit display for night-time viewing.
- iPhone’s GPS map capabilities operate seamlessly with the iBike Dash CC, greatly enhancing the rider’s experience.
- Power-based indoor trainer feature.
- Bike odometer.
- Calendar feature keeps track of weekly cycling stats, including calories, miles and speed.
- Easy-to-follow, on-screen instructions and instructional videos.
- “Smart Phone Booth” case houses advanced circuitry and protects iPhone or iPod touch from water and road shock.
- Compatible with iPhone 4/3GS/3 and all iPod touch models.
- Easy to install, use, and move from bike to bike.
- No need for calibration.
- Allows seamless hands-free calls using your iPhone and Bluetooth headset with no interruption to ride data collection.
- Allows full use of touch screen.
- Touch screen works with compatible cycling gloves.
- An optional rechargeable QuickSwap spare battery fits inside the “Smart Phone Booth” to extend the operating time of your iPhone/iPod touch to 7 hours.
- Compatible with all ANT+ speed, cadence and HR sensors.
Next Story: Rumor: Heavenly Sword 2 at E3
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-11-01: GarageBand now available on iPhone and iPod Touch
- 2011-10-19: gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices