Angry Birds may be the iOS game with the most aftermarket updates, but all those bonus levels are nothing when compared to the massive update that Infinity Blade players will be getting this Thursday. ChAIR Entertainment has just announced the details of the upcoming update, Infinity Blade: Arena that will be arriving for its hit iOS game.
This Thursday, the update will bring Infinity Blade players a new holiday helm, over two dozen new magic rings, swords, shields and helmets, Facebook integration, new achievements, additional leaderboards and more. But what has everyone talking is the new multiplayer mode. Called “Enter The Arena”, it allows players to duel each other over Game Center. One player will take the role of the knight, while the other a titan.
After all the months spent playing this game, players can finally put their skills to the test. In addition to multiplayer, there’s also a new survivor mode where players go head to head against a legion of Titans to see how long they can last without dying.
This amount of support for a game long after its released shows the potential of how big iOS games can get. It looks like it’s going to be a night of un-productivity this Thursday. Keep your eyes peeled for the Infinity Blade: Arena content pack to arrive on the App Store.
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2013-05-24 Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10 Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08 Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28 YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2011-09-23 Google+ app for iOS updated 9/23/2011