The much-needed location tracking bug fix for iOS devices has finally arrived. After receiving a lot of flak from consumers and the media about iOS keeping a log of where people have been, Apple issued a press statement explaining the whole situation and also promised an update to fix the bugs. Well, consumers didn’t have to wait too long as Apple has released the update today.
The iOS 4.3.3 update for the iPhone (AT&T/GSM), iPad and iPod Touch and iOS 4.2.8 for the Verizon iPhone reduces the size of the cache that contains location information, disables iTunes from backing up the cache, and causes the cache to be deleted whenever Location Services is turned off. No word if the latest update will fix the problem that Verizon iPad tablets have been having connecting to 3G, but let’s hope it does.
Download the latest update by plugging your iOS device into your computer and running iTunes now. Be sure to back up your device just in case anything happens. And if you’re jailbroken – you know the drill, just sit tight until a jailbroken update is available.RELATED
- iOS 7.1 Beta Download Available Now For Developers
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Follow: Apple Inc, bug, iOS, location, update,
- Seen at: tipb