While we may or may not see the next generation iPhone being unveiled at this year’s WWDC, we’re more or less confirmed to see the next version of Mac OS X at the event. The other big reveal rumored to be at the event will be the iOS 5, the upcoming version of mobile platform Apple designed for its iOS devices (the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
Some new rumors have sprouted up concerning iOS 5, and these features are basically what people want to see in the operating system. With Apple tight-lipped as usual, we won’t know until the big reveal at WWDC, but iOS 5 is expected to have a revamped notification system and widget support. Now we all know that iOS’ current notification system is one of the most disliked features of the operating system. An update to the system would definitely be a long time coming, let’s see what Apple has in store for us on that front. As for widget support, it doesn’t seem very likely – but hey, anything can happen. Then there are also rumors of Nuance technology (Text to Speech) being fully integrated into the operating system.
What features would you like to see in iOS 5?
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]