Apple seems to be spacing out their next generation iPhone releases with an “intermediate” unit so to speak. Sandwiched between the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 is the iPhone 3GS, and now that Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, it would mean the iPhone 5 will only arrive after that. Well, one thing is certain concerning the iPhone 4S – it will not come with LTE support at all because there are problems surrounding the yield rates of LTE chips from Qualcomm, so to release a device that has a chip which could end up gimped is not wise – not when you are selling one of the hottest smartphones in the market worldwide.
There were previous whispers of the iPhone 4S shipping alongside a Sony 8-megapixel camera, but it has now been confirmed that OmniVision will supply the camera – and here is the heartbreaking part, it will be similar to the iPhone 4, resolution and all. Sorry folks, that means no quantum leap in your mobile photos!
Word on the street has it that production of the iPhone 4S will commence from August this year onwards (earliest), and if things do not work out that way, then September would be next.RELATED
- iPhone Launch On China Mobile Might Add $10 Billion In Yearly Apple Revenue
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- WhatsApp Finally Receives iOS 7 Update
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Half Of iPhone 5c Owners Come From Android
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPhone, iPhone 4S, iphone4s,
- Seen at: pocketnow