Kingston has long been known for their data storage products, and the latest model to be announced is the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2, otherwise going by the model number DTU30G2. This USB flash drive is touted to be the fastest from Kingston yet, where it relies on a native USB 3.0 controller to deliver and transfer data and previously unseen speeds – at least for products in its class from Kingston, that is.
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 will be able to achieve a read speed of up to 100MB/s, while the write speed can touch the 70 MB/s mark. Whenever you plug it into a USB 2.0 port, the drive will achieve read and write speeds of around 30MB/s, which ain’t too shabby at all. Depending on your needs, the DTU30G2 can be purchased in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities.
Granted, not all computers come with USB 3.0 ports or controllers at the moment, so you might just pick this up as a future-proof piece of hardware for your peripheral collection, where the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models will retail for $77, $116 and $213, respectively. All purchases will be accompanied by a 5-year limited warranty. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2012-04-25: Bulavkus USB flash drive is a prick in a good way
- 2012-04-12: Self-destruct USB stick used by the Secret Service
- 2012-03-13: Folderix Flash Drive
- 2010-01-28: Kingston DataTraveler 5000 gets 256-bit AES encryption
- 2010-02-23: Kingston DataTraveler 310 hits the deck