Rockstar’s L.A. Noire came out on Tuesday and it’s already being hailed as one of the best games of this year. What would make the detective game even better? Try zapping all the color out of the game and playing in black and white. Yes, an official black and white mode to actually give the L.A. Noire a “noir” feel exists. According the game’s art director Rob Nelson, “We always knew we would create a proper noir mode with the black & white setting for L.A. Noire considering how much inspiration for the game came from classic noir films like The Naked City and The Asphalt Jungle.”
Nelson adds, “Playing in black & white adds a somewhat nostalgic, cinematic feel to the game, and we’d definitely recommend that players experiment with this setting and see what they prefer best.” Playing in black and white sounds like a very interesting art direction for a game set in the 1940s. We’ll have to give this mode a go.
Next Story: Young roboticist builds hexapod robot
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-02-06: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Launches This April
- 2013-10-18: PS3 Dethrones Xbox 360 As Top Selling Console For September
- 2011-04-22: New L.A. Noire trailer shows off Rockstar's gorgeous detective world
- 2011-03-22: Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed by Gilbert Gottfried, But For What Consoles?