LG has broken silence concerning their next smartphone release which is tipped to arrive via US Cellular – certainly with US Cellular being unable to compete with the four big ones (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T in no particular order), that does not mean it lacks its fair share of loyal customers to turn a profit. The LG Genesis is the latest smartphone to be made available on that particular carrier, debuting without much fanfare, making us wonder whether this is a funeral or a celebration.
The product page itself is already available on LG’s very own site, but there isn’t much to see – even the pricing and launch date are unavailable, but at least one is able to confirm previously leaked specifications such as Android 2.2 Froyo right out of the box (although we would have preferred to see Android 2.3 Gingerbread instead), Wi-Fi connectivity and Wi-Fi Hotspot support, and a clamshell form factor that certainly helps set it apart from other standard Android-powered smartphones.
Would you be forking out your hard-earned money for this puppy?RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: LG, us cellular,
- Seen at: mobilecrunch