We’ve seen our fair share of interesting locks and alarm systems around here, but until now we’ve yet to see an app used to unlock a door. Apigy has released an app for smartphones called Lockitron. Used in conjunction with the Lockitron self-install kits, the free app, downloadable online will turn your smartphone into a remote control key that can unlock your door. Say goodbye to having keys.
If you’re out of the country and a relative or a friend needs to go over to your house to get something, you don’t have to leave the spare key under the mat anymore. Just unlock your door from your phone itself and lock it back when your visitors are done! Just in case the internet or electricity is down, you still have can use regular keys so you won’t have to be stranded outside. The Lockitron also has support for NFC, so if your phone is NFC capable, all you have to do is place it against the lock to unlock it.
Don’t lose your phones though – it looks like technology is playing a much larger part in our lives now, and a smartphone that grants users access to your own home is not something that you want to misplace or have a stranger pick up. The Lockitron deadbolt is currently on sale now with prices starting at $295.
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Comcast Xfinity TV Go App Will Allow Live Streaming TV Anywhere
- HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- Apple TV Can Now Use An iOS 7 Device For Stress-Free Setup
- Griffin MultiDock Updated To Charge A Variety Of Mobile Devices
- Follow: app, lock, remote, security,
- Seen at: technabob