Itching to play the new Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D game? You’ll be in for a long wait. MCV says the next game in the tactical espionage series is not going to drop until this fall – specifically November. First shown off at last year’s E3 along with the unveiling of the 3DS system, gamers were hoping for it to be out by the summer. It’s a shame, because like all big-budget games, the delay is adding more to the 3DS game drought.
No official reason for a delay was provided, but it could be a case of Nintendo working with Konami to make sure Snake Eater 3DS doesn’t clash with its own summer releases. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata did say that he wanted to release Nintendo games around third-party ones. The Metal Gear Solid games have always been a smashing success on the PlayStation Portable with Peace Walker and the Acid! spin-offs selling millions of copies, but how will 3DS gamers react to the Hideo Kojima’s next MGS game? Is Kojima Productions just working on too many MGS games at once?
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties
- 2013-06-27: Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection Gets Official Trailer
- 2013-06-06: Kiefer Sutherland To Play Snake In Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
- 2013-05-20: Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection Arriving On July 9 For $50
- 2011-06-01: Metal Gear Solid 3DS will have gyro controls
- 2011-05-27: Hideo Kojima provides status updates on new Metal Gear Solid games