Movie buffs will be glad to know that their favorite movie distributor has just signed a deal with Netflix to provide hundreds of movie from their catalog. Get ready to enjoy movies like Clerks, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction as well as Scream with your Netflix subscription.
Financial details about the deal weren’t released, but the Wall Street Journal reports that Netflix and Miramax were close to a deal worth more than $100 million. The service will start in June, and offer movies on a rotating business. This will also be the first time that Miramax titles will be available through a digital subscription service.
With Miramax being behind some of the most iconic independent movies of recent decades, it’s no surprise if the deal was worth so much. It has also been rumored that Netflix offered Miramax a higher sum to be the exclusive video on demand service to with Miramax, however the distributor declined, unwilling to tie itself down to just one platform. It looks like Netflix is stepping up its game by bringing more content to its service. How many of you will be excited to catch some Miramax films with the service?
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: deal, Netflix, streaming, video on demand,
- Seen at: maximumpc