Earlier this year, Amazon stopped selling Apple’s MobileMe software in their retail outlets but continued selling it on their online store. Now it’s been reported that Amazon no longer offers MobileMe from their online store, completely getting rid of it from all their sales channels.
This is a big deal because Amazon was known for putting MobileMe up for sale with heavy discounts, making it one of the preferred stores to buy it from. Now the only place to get MobileMe is directly from Apple itself. While Apple still sells it now, it might only be a matter of time before they stop – with all the rumors of iCloud.com being Apple’s next cloud service, MobileMe clearly looks like it’s about to be replaced.
With the WWDC coming up soon, expect an announcement from Apple regarding MobileMe or its replacement.
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2012-09-24: MobileMe users reach end of iCloud storage road
- 2012-02-24: iCloud and MobileMe email down in Germany, workarounds already available
- 2011-10-05: Amazon WhisperSync to take on iCloud?
- 2011-08-26: MobileMe/iCloud phishing scam on the rise again
- 2011-08-08: Apple kills off MobileMe sync for keychains, widgets, accounts, and preferences officially