It goes without saying that an unlocked handset will be much more expensive compared to one that has you tied down to a 2-year contract, and some of us might want to change our hardware more often than we originally thought. Well, the scenario of cheaper unlocked handsets aren’t going to change anytime soon, not when the Motorola Droid X2 has been slapped with a $600 price tag over at Walmart – this information was gleaned from a Walmart inventory label that you see above, placing it on par (price wise) with the HTC Incredible II. This is $30 more than what you will need to fork out for a Samsung Droid Charge, but is that slight premium worth the distinction of owning Verizon’s first dual-core smartphone?
Well, for those who prefer to stick to the tried and tested 2-year contract, then the price of the Droid X2 would be a whole lot more pocket friendly, hovering at the standard $199.99 price point for high end Android powered smartphones.
Just to recap, the Motorola Droid X2 will give you a 4.3″ qHD resolution display, a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 processor, an 8-megapixel camera, 512MB RAM, 8GB ROM, and Android 2.2 Froyo right out of the box for your six Benjamins.RELATED
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Follow: droid x2, Motorola, walmart,
- Seen at: pocketnow