Earlier today at the Google I/O keynote, Google announced that the latest version of Android Honeycomb (3.1) would be officially released for Motorola XOOM tablets today. And sure enough, some people have already started to receive the update.
The new update brings a number of enhancements to Android Honeycomb with the highlight of the update being the movie rental service on the Android Market introduced today. Thousands of movies will be up for rent from the Android Market and can be streamed or downloaded from the web. The movies can then be watched on the computer or on Android devices. Rentals start at $1.99 a movie.
Other enhancements include: the ability to use the USB port for pretty much any USB device, input support from mice, joysticks and gamepads, resizable home screen widgets, and Google Music Beta.
Motorola XOOM is the flagship tablet for Android and the first device to launch with Honeycomb so it’s no surprise that it would be receiving the new update first. Expect updates to other Honeycomb tablets to arrive in the near future.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Android, android 3.1, Google, honeycomb, Motorola, Tablet, update, xoom,
- Seen at: droid-life