Navigon has just announced that they will be releasing a major update to the MobileNavigator app on the Android platform, and to make things more attractive, this will be a free – good on you Navigon, for understanding just how tight some of our belts are at the moment, so with it not costing you a single cent, you need not fret about stretching your budget for the month.
Unfortunately, there is one caveat – the app is compatible only with the Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, where it will transform compatible smartphones and tablets into premium navigation devices that are comparable to dedicated units. The latest version will boast of features that were specially designed to help drivers throughout their entire trip, including live weather information and a new function that helps one look for parking spaces at the upcoming destination.
Apart from the existing USA version, Navigon has also rolled out a North America version that features maps for both the U.S. and Canada as part of this update. MobileNavigator on the Android platform is also touted to be the most feature-rich Android navigation app to date, where it boasts of premium functions including on-board NAVTEQ maps, Traffic Live, Lane Assistant, among others. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2012-10-04: TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29: TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA
- 2012-08-01: Wifarer app provides real-time indoor navigation
- 2012-06-06: TomTom to launch on Android devices "fairly soon"
- 2011-11-17: Navigon 2.0 Lands in the app store