Barnes & Noble have informed investors that they fully intend to make an announcement for a new e-reader device later this May. Heck, the relevant paperwork has already been filed with the SEC, so you can bet your bottom dollar that it is inching nearer towards a physical existence in stores, and we would love to catch a glimpse of it over at the FCC to boot. To get an idea on what the announcement is all about, here is a quick glimpse below.
In a meeting with investor analysts on May 4, 2011, Barnes & Noble, Inc. (the “Company”) indicated it expects to make an announcement on May 24, 2011 regarding the launch of a new eReader device.
It must be noted that May 24 lays smack right in the middle of BEA 2011, where it would be the perfect time to announce their latest device to the masses. After all, history has set a precedence since Barnes & Noble did announce the Pandigital Novel at around the same time in 2010. Speculation abounds that this could be the long awaited Mirasol e-reader, as it drops in comfortably with the “before summer” release date as promised by Qualcomm.RELATED
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Possible Samsung AMOLED Tablet SM-T331 Spotted In Shipping Manifest
- Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- KitKat India Offers Nexus 7 2013 To Winners After Snafu
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Follow: barnes & noble, e-reader, ebook reader, ereader,
- Seen at: the-digital-reader