The next Batman game has been revealed and it’s a huge departure from anything the series has ever seen before. For starters, Gotham City Impostors is not a third-person action/adventure centered around the caped crusader with too many gadgets. Instead, the game will be a first-person shooter style multiplayer game released on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and PC. Players will take up sides with either The Batz or The Jokerz as the “defend” the city vigilante-style with a variety of firearms.
Doesn’t sound a lot like a Batman game right? After all, Batman doesn’t use machine guns or rocket launchers, or shot guns. Well, as Batman and Joker impostors, that’s the point – you’re not Batman, you’re wannabes. The game will feature mainly four vs. four player modes and customizable characters and maps.
Warner’s senior vice president of production and development Samantha Ryan says, “Gotham City Impostors blows apart expectations for superhero games with an exaggerated take on first person shooters, set in a part of the DC Universe players have never seen before.”
Monolith, the creators of the F.E.A.R will be behind Gotham City Impostors. I’ll say the game definitely has a huge red blip on my radar now. When can we get a trailer for this game? We’ll be waiting…
- 2014-03-18: Mi World Portable Computing System
- 2014-03-13: Install Xbox One Controller On PC
- 2014-02-09: Batman: Arkham Origins DLC To Be Prioritized Over Bug Fixes
- 2014-02-05: Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- 2014-01-27: R-Kaid Revelation Lets You Game In Style
- 2013-12-12: Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- 2013-12-09: If Batman Loved Golf...
- 2013-11-04: Make-A-Wish Foundation Wants To Turn San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- 2013-10-08: Recycled PlayStation 2 Sees Second Life As Batman's Tumbler