According to an analyst who performed some “industry checks”, the next iPhone won’t be the iPhone 5 that everyone is expecting. Instead, it will be a minor refresh of the iPhone 4 and will be called the iPhone 4S instead.
The iPhone 4S is said to feature minor cosmetic changes (presumably this means no weird teardrop-shaped phones with a gesture-based home button), better cameras, the A5 dual-core processor found in the iPad 2 and HSPA+ support. The phone is also said to support Sprint and T-Mobile, expanding Apple’s potential customer base to a few more million users.
Apple is expected to be revealing the new iPhone at the end of the year and not at the WWDC like they’ve been doing for the past few years. Since Apple hasn’t released any official confirmation about the device, we’ll just have to take the news with a pinch of salt. After all, they’ve been one of the most secretive companies out there when it comes to new product launches. Let’s just see what the second half of the year brings us.RELATED
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPhone, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Sprint, t-mobile,
- Seen at: businessinsider