It’s been rumored that Google has been working on a new Nexus device, but I didn’t think we’d be catching a glimpse of it this soon. The folks at TechHog managed to get their hands on a photograph of what is touted to be a prototype of the next Nexus phone, dubbed the Nexus 3. The phone is said to be manufactured by HTC this time around – giving them another shot at making a Nexus phone (HTC came up with the original Nexus One).
According to TechHog’s tipster, the back of the device contains a serial number and an image that could be identifiable, so he didn’t send it in. We’ve got a full frontal shot of the phone instead and it does seem to look a bit odd – I guess I’m not used to seeing an Android phone with no hardware buttons yet.
Anyway, here are the details of the phone: it has a front facing camera, and it is currently being tested on both HSPA+ and Sprint CDMA networks. It means that Google would launch the phone on Sprint since the carrier has been working together with Google recently, on Google Voice and Google Wallet. Other than that, we know nothing else about the phone.
What are your thoughts on this alleged HTC Nexus 3 prototype?
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2011-11-09 HTC Ville Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 smartphone outed for MWC 2012
- 2011-09-13 HTC Bliss and Runnymede specifications leaked in full
- 2011-09-12 HTC Runnymede official press shot leaked
- 2011-08-31 HTC Puccini ROM leaked
- 2010-06-01 HTC Wildfire Prototype Appears On Auction