It’s been rumored that Google has been working on a new Nexus device, but I didn’t think we’d be catching a glimpse of it this soon. The folks at TechHog managed to get their hands on a photograph of what is touted to be a prototype of the next Nexus phone, dubbed the Nexus 3. The phone is said to be manufactured by HTC this time around – giving them another shot at making a Nexus phone (HTC came up with the original Nexus One).
According to TechHog’s tipster, the back of the device contains a serial number and an image that could be identifiable, so he didn’t send it in. We’ve got a full frontal shot of the phone instead and it does seem to look a bit odd – I guess I’m not used to seeing an Android phone with no hardware buttons yet.
Anyway, here are the details of the phone: it has a front facing camera, and it is currently being tested on both HSPA+ and Sprint CDMA networks. It means that Google would launch the phone on Sprint since the carrier has been working together with Google recently, on Google Voice and Google Wallet. Other than that, we know nothing else about the phone.
What are your thoughts on this alleged HTC Nexus 3 prototype?RELATED
- Android 4.3 Roll Out For International Galaxy S3 Resumes
- Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- Follow: Android, HTC, leak, photo, prototype,
- Seen at: techhog