Good news for those of you who are looking forward to the first Symbian Anna phones – you’ll be able to get your hands on them pretty soon. Nokia has just announced that the E6 and the X7, the company’s first Symbian Anna phones have started shipping out. In case you didn’t know, Symbian Anna is the latest version of Symbian that is scheduled to roll out to other Symbian^3 phones as well. It brings an all-new web browser, portrait QWERTY plus split screen text input, all new Ovi Maps with public transport routes and other enhancements.
The Nokia E6 features a portrait QWERTY keyboard, in the style of their previous E-phones but this time around, it has a 2.46″ VGA touchscreen display instead of a regular screen. It packs an 8-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, USB On-the-Go, and Symbian Anna. The Nokia X7 is a full touchscreen phone that has a large 4″ AMOLED display, and is an entertainment-centric device as opposed to the business-centric E6.
No prices or retail dates were announced, and as for owners of the N8, E7, C7 and C6 – Nokia promises the Symbian Anna update to be arriving in the “coming months” (which isn’t very promising, but I guess it’s better than nothing).RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: anna, Nokia, symbian, x7,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia