Good news for those of you who are looking forward to the first Symbian Anna phones – you’ll be able to get your hands on them pretty soon. Nokia has just announced that the E6 and the X7, the company’s first Symbian Anna phones have started shipping out. In case you didn’t know, Symbian Anna is the latest version of Symbian that is scheduled to roll out to other Symbian^3 phones as well. It brings an all-new web browser, portrait QWERTY plus split screen text input, all new Ovi Maps with public transport routes and other enhancements.
The Nokia E6 features a portrait QWERTY keyboard, in the style of their previous E-phones but this time around, it has a 2.46″ VGA touchscreen display instead of a regular screen. It packs an 8-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, USB On-the-Go, and Symbian Anna. The Nokia X7 is a full touchscreen phone that has a large 4″ AMOLED display, and is an entertainment-centric device as opposed to the business-centric E6.
No prices or retail dates were announced, and as for owners of the N8, E7, C7 and C6 – Nokia promises the Symbian Anna update to be arriving in the “coming months” (which isn’t very promising, but I guess it’s better than nothing).
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5 seems promising
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2011-08-17: Symbian Anna download leaked to N8 owners
- 2011-08-11: Symbian Anna given more video previews
- 2011-07-06: Symbian Anna delayed to end of August, irks Nokia phone owners to no end
- 2011-06-21: Symbian Anna available for download in July
- 2011-06-06: Nokia X7 now up for pre-order