We are guessing that the world is split into two different groups – one who loves collecting and actually using Bluetooth headsets, while the other absolutely loathes the idea of having something hanging off the ear, preferring to take the risk of picking up a ticket for not using a hands-free kit or device instead while on the road. For the former (and the latter who have been stung with their fair share of fines), there is a new Bluetooth headset from Nokia – the J headset. Heck, it even lives up to its namesake in terms of design, having picked up numerous design awards already such as the red dot Design Winner 2011, iF Product Design Award 2011, and International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase Honor 2011.
The Nokia J headset is not going to reinvigorate the Finnish company’s fortunes anytime soon, but that does not mean we should detract from its sleek design that carries a stand-by time of up to 3 months and a talk time up to 5 hours. A 3 month standby does sound rather dubious – we do wonder just how well it stacks up in real world use. It is also interesting to note that the Nokia J headset need not be worn at all times since it comes with a holster that allows you to stash it away – until an incoming call is received.
Other features include active background noise cancellation with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, wind noise reduction, and Automatic Echo Cancellation (AEC). Any takers?
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2011-08-11: Nokia BH-112 Bluetooth headset comes in a bevy of colors
- 2010-12-23: Nokia BH-806 Bluetooth headset jumps through FCC's hoops
- 2009-06-02: Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905