While Symbian phones might not be flying off the shelves like hot cakes out of a stove, it doesn’t mean that the manufacturer can’t dress up their phones to make them ooze with class. Nokia’s eco-friendly C7 Symbian smartphone recently got a premium handset treatment to turn it from a cheaper N8 into a high-class handset.
While the phone’s internals haven’t changed – it still packs the same 3.5″ AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, a 680MHz processor and 256MB of RAM, the Nokia ORO (oro means gold in Italian by the way) is trimmed with 18K gold, and eschews its metal back for one made from real Bridge of Weir leather. It also features a front display made from Corning Gorilla Glass so you know the phone will be stylish and sturdy at the same time.
But such premium phones don’t come cheap though – the phone will set you back about $1635 (44,990 Rubles) and will be sold by a retailer called “Svyaznoy” in Russia. Is anybody willing to shell out the hard-earned clams for this elegant phone?
Next Story: Apple iMac gets the teardown
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-01-02: Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07: Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-06-12: Nokia To Make Last Shipments Of Symbian Devices This Summer
- 2011-03-07: T-Mobile to release the Nokia C7 as Tiger?
- 2010-06-28: Symbian^3 C7 with nHD display confirmed by Nokia