Barnes & Noble’s NOOK App has just arrived at a new milestone – we are talking about touching the 1 million download mark. Of course, that is still very far away from Apple’s App Store that hit the historical 10 billion app downloads this January 22nd earlier this year. One might argue that it is two different things, comparing apples to oranges since the App Store has a far wider user base and does not concentrate on e-books only, but we just pointed that out to show some contrast in the figures without trying to detract from Barnes & Noble’s success.
Here is some trivia – the top five paid NOOK Apps are Angry Birds (surprised?), Drawing Pad, Solitaire, Aces Jewel Hunt and Astraware Mahjong. As for the free NOOK Apps, they are Fliq Calendar, Fliq Notes, Pulse, NOOK Word of the Day and Fliq Tasks.
For those who are interested to find out what Barnes & Noble offers with their highly portable NOOK Color, the most recent 1.2 software update will bring full-featured built-in email to the fore, an enhanced Web experience and more exciting content regardless of your age, all for $249.
Next Story: NAO robot avoids obstacles autonomously
- 2014-03-13 Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26 Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10 Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09 Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2011-12-12 NOOK Color v.1.4.1 update released
- 2011-11-07 Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet officially announced
- 2011-11-03 NOOK Tablet specs leak ahead of launch
- 2011-09-26 Barnes & Noble has another Nook Color in the pipeline?
- 2011-08-23 Barnes & Noble expands Newsstand selection with NOOK Color update