Barnes & Noble has updated the NOOK for Android app, where it will pave the way for the tablet to access the largest digital periodical offering on the Google platform to date. With over 140 NOOK newsstand titles to choose from (these range from interactive magazines to your staple reads in a digital format), not to mention the exclusive ArticleView feature, has now arrived on the Android tablet platform.
Specially optimized for your pleasurable reading experience on the majority of 7″ or larger tablets, this update is also compatible with the Android 3.0 Honeycomb version. This will be a free app, so that’s another plus point going for it as you need not fork out even more money to feed that digital book/magazine habit.
WIth more than 140 top magazine and newspaper brands to choose from, you will be spoilt for reading material. Just to get a better idea of what you can potentially enjoy, they include Esquire, Maxim, Men’s Health, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, Popular Science, PC Magazine, Elle, O, The Oprah Magazine, Travel + Leisure and many others.
NOOK for Android on larger tablets would make magazine reading a snap, since you can engage more fully with full-color pages in landscape and portrait mode, while relying on gestures to perform a slew of roles such as manipulating the slider to jump to the desired page, pinch and zoom to enlarge images and more.RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Android, android apps, app, barnes & noble, nook,