If you want to make video calls, you’ve got a whole plethora of options to choose from on your iPhone. There’s FaceTime that comes default with your phone, and then there’s Skype, Tango, Yahoo!, Fring and so on. Most of these apps will let you do what FaceTime won’t – chat over 3G and to other devices. But not many apps will let you chat with computer users, and even less will let you chat with multiple users at the same time.
Enter ooVoo. While launched quite some time ago for desktop clients, ooVoo is pretty much similar to Skype except that it features a much younger user base compared to the VOIP giant. According to an interview by GigaOm, over 57% of ooVoo’s user base is under the age of 25 and a majority of that number is under 18. But that’s not what makes ooVoo special – the fact that it can support up to six different users at once. If you’re a fan of video conferencing in large groups, ooVoo is one app you should check out, especially if not all your friends have smartphones with front facing cameras and prefer to use their desktop computers instead.
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Apple Issues Shutdown Notice To Website That Helps Find Apple Products
- Skype Video Messaging Launches On Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, BlackBerry
- Google Hangouts Now Available As iOS, Android, Chrome Standalone Apps
- Instagram Rolls Out Photo Tagging Feature For iPhone, Android Users