It’ll be awhile before Nokia gets rid of the Ovi name, but until then it looks like it is still providing updates for its Ovi programs. The Ovi Store has recently got an update with a major new feature – the ability to update the apps within the store itself. Following in the footsteps of the Apple App Store and the Android Market, this new feature will make it easier for Symbian users to keep their apps updated. No more hunting around for updates – see what apps you have in the “My Account” section and Ovi Store will inform you about the ones that need updating. Users can download the updates one by one or download them all at the same time.
Other improvements to the Ovi Store include a tweaked Top Free and Best Sellers list, Related Items on the Ovi Store website, and Arabic Localization for folks who have set Arabic as their device language. Head over to the official Ovi website for more details about the latest Ovi Store update.
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-09-16 Ovi logo removed from Ovi Store website
- 2011-07-26 Nokia Ovi Store has 50,000 apps and hits 6.5 million daily downloads
- 2011-01-20 The Ovi Store is very popular in China
- 2010-04-24 Nokia X5 And C5 Go Official In China
- 2010-11-01 Nokia Z500 MeeGo Tablet Spotted in Ovi Store Mention