Panasonic did not roll out the Toughbook 53 just for the sake of a newer version of the popular Toughbook 52, but has the best interests of consumers at heart by introducing some rather features substantial differences, with the smaller viewing area being one of the more noticeable ones – downsizing to 14″ from a previously generous 15.4″. That should not be too shabby at all, as it would also mean a lighter load to tote around if you’re one who hates carrying heavy notebooks as the new weight tips the scales at 5.6 pounds.
Apart from that, the Toughbook 53 is also a semi-rugged notebook which is capable of standing up to vehicle-mounting, shipping with 4G LTE compatibility to boot – giving it the distinction of being the first Toughbook to do so.
Changes are not only cosmetic and on the outside – the Toughbook 53 will also feature upgraded components within, with the second generation Sandy Bridge chipset in place, an option for a 7200RPM hard drive, and a resistive touchscreen version that will be made available for those who hanker after it. VGA and HDMI outputs, 810G (mil-spec) capability, a USB 3.0 port and an SDXC memory slot rounds off the (non-exhaustive) list of specifications. Shipping this June onwards for $1899 a pop for the Core i5 model with 4GB RAM, those on a slightly tighter budget can always look out for the Core i3 model with 2GB RAM in August from $1599 upwards.
Next Story: Galaxy Tab 10.1 to come in white?
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2011-08-10: Panasonic ToughBook S10 Announced
- 2011-07-12: Panasonic ToughBook H2 Rugged Tablet Computer
- 2009-06-03: Panasonic Toughbook CF-U1 (2009)
- 2010-02-10: Panasonic Toughbook H1 Field - Rugged Tablet PC
- 2010-03-03: Panasonic ToughBook C1 Convertible Tablet PC Video