Pentax, a Japanese optics company that specializes in cameras and sports optics, has announced that they have started an initiative to benefit the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief efforts. For every digital or sports optics products purchased from Pentax online store, Pentax will donate $25.00 to the relief effort.
Called Hope For Japan, the campaign will last from now until June 30th 2011. All consumers who take part in the campaign by shopping at the store will also be commended with a Hope For Japan wristband for their efforts. All donated funds will be sent directly to the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief fund. For those of you who want to just donate directly to the cause can head over to the American Red Cross page.
It’s nice to see companies working together to make life better for victims of the disaster, especially when consumers don’t even have to do anything extra – all they do is shop normally from the online store. Now’s a good time as any to get yourself that Pentax binoculars you’ve always wanted.
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2011-07-13 PENTAX announces limited edition 645D
- 2011-05-16 Apple offers free repairs for products damaged in the Japan disasters
- 2011-05-03 World of Warcraft pet contributes to Japan relief fund
- 2011-03-15 Limited edition Nintendo DS up for auction to raise funds for the Red Cross
- 2011-03-15 Verizon, Sprint, MetroPCS and T-Mobile also doing their part to help out with the Japan crisis