After some 26 days, Sony’s finally announced that its hacked PlayStation Network is slowing seeing restored service in the U.S. in certain regions. To keep up to date on service restoration in your region, you can check out this constantly updated map here.
Restoration in the U.S. is a start, considering it has the largest number of PSN users worldwide, but Sony needs to get service back up in other territories as well. PSN’s return comes off Sony’s announcement that Sony Online Entertainment service is being restored as well.
So here’s the deal. Did you defect to Xbox Live? Do you still trust Sony? Click on past the break for the official announcement by Sony’s Kaz Hirai.
Next Story: Chromebook Preview
- 2014-03-20: Sony Creating 'Powers' Original TV Show For PlayStation
- 2013-11-12: Sony Allows Retailers To Sell Digital PS4, PS3, PS Vita Titles
- 2013-11-07: PSN Scheduled Maintenance Occurring For Seven Hours Today
- 2013-09-28: Sony Promises To Improve PSN For PS4 Following GTA 5 Woes
- 2013-09-24: PlayStation Network Maintenance Scheduled For September 25
- 2013-03-29: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer
- 2013-02-26: Sony's PSN Promotion Gives You $10 For Every $50 Spent This Month
- 2011-11-04: PlayStation Network downloads to be limited to two devices
- 2011-06-06: Sony's Jack Tretton addresses the PSN outage