Remember that previous report that suggested the PlayStation Store would return by May 24? Yeah, it looks like that’s not happening. Sony’s official stance by way of the PlayStation Blog is that the store is on track to be restored by the end of this month. Well, there’s seven more days until the month is over, so we’re going to give Sony the benefit of the doubt that the PlayStation Store will return by then.
While the PlayStation Network has been restored to just about every region (sorry Japan), the PlayStation Store is essential for downloading those “welcome back” games Sony is promising to all affected PlayStation Network customers. Once the Store is back up, PS3 and PSP customers will have 30 days to claim their free games.
Sony’s at the final stretch to restoring full PS services, so hang in there and be patient.
- 2013-11-03: PS3 PlayStation Store Gets PayPal Support
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store
- 2013-01-14: Sony PlayStation Store Version 1.02 Updated
- 2012-11-04: PS Store for PS3 revamped
- 2012-09-19: Sony announces PlayStation Store for PlayStation Mobile
- 2011-07-19: SNK Playmore USA releases 8 pre-NEOGEO era Arcade classics on the PlayStation Store
- 2011-06-02: The PlayStation Store is back online and ready to rock