With PSN, Qriocity and SOE services back online, when can gamers expect the PlayStation Store and its online catalog of digital games to go back online? According to an internal memo obtained by Gamasutra, Sony plans to restore the PlayStation Store on May 24.
The memo states that Sony will be playing catch up with all the releases that were originally planned when the PlayStation Network was hacked. To do so, there will be apparently be two content pushes a week for two weeks and then it’ll revert back to releasing new content once a week.
The exact dates for content releases are scheduled for May 24, May 27, May 31 and June 3. Get ready Sony gamers, because there’s going to be a barrage of content coming your way.
- 2013-11-03: PS3 PlayStation Store Gets PayPal Support
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store
- 2013-01-14: Sony PlayStation Store Version 1.02 Updated
- 2012-11-04: PS Store for PS3 revamped
- 2012-09-19: Sony announces PlayStation Store for PlayStation Mobile
- 2011-11-04: PlayStation Network downloads to be limited to two devices
- 2011-09-06: Sony 3D PlayStation TV arrives in Japan this November
- 2011-07-27: Sony patents interactive doll for PS3 and PSP