Are you a fan of remote controlled vehicles but you can’t seem to find the right time or places to play around with one? I.e. at home there’s too many fragile items that might get knocked over, or a dog that barks nonstop when it sees your moving car, and if you play outdoors, it’s always too hot or raining? Well, maybe it’s time you settled for the next best thing: augmented reality (AR) remote controlled cars.
Pop Culture Software has just launched an app on the Apple App Store called RC vCar – an app that makes use of your iPhone’s camera to let you control a remote controlled vehicle in your surrounding environment thanks to the power of AR technology.
With a selection of 5 different cars and basically the whole world as your racetrack, you’ll never run out of places to drive around. Since it’s on your iPhone, it’s quite discreet, letting you race your virtual car around your office when nobody’s looking. Hopefully a multiplayer version which allows you to race against your friends will come out in the future. RC vCar is available now for only $0.99. Watch a video demonstration after the break:
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: app, Apple Inc, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch,