Are you a fan of remote controlled vehicles but you can’t seem to find the right time or places to play around with one? I.e. at home there’s too many fragile items that might get knocked over, or a dog that barks nonstop when it sees your moving car, and if you play outdoors, it’s always too hot or raining? Well, maybe it’s time you settled for the next best thing: augmented reality (AR) remote controlled cars.
Pop Culture Software has just launched an app on the Apple App Store called RC vCar – an app that makes use of your iPhone’s camera to let you control a remote controlled vehicle in your surrounding environment thanks to the power of AR technology.
With a selection of 5 different cars and basically the whole world as your racetrack, you’ll never run out of places to drive around. Since it’s on your iPhone, it’s quite discreet, letting you race your virtual car around your office when nobody’s looking. Hopefully a multiplayer version which allows you to race against your friends will come out in the future. RC vCar is available now for only $0.99. Watch a video demonstration after the break:
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-19: gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices
- 2011-07-07: Apple App Store hits 15 billion downloads